Poll Answers

The first poll question that was posed on this blog was something like "What song did the name of this blog, Nothing's Equivalent, originate from?"

To those of you who selected "New York State of Mind" by Nas, you were correct! Nas is a New Yorker, born in the Queensbridge Houses located in Long Island City, Queens. With 3,143 units it is the largest public housing development in the United States. Marley Marl, MC Shan, Mobb Deep and Cormega are some other rappers who are from the 'Bridge. Not to mention Ron Artest, currently of the NBA's Sacramento Kings.

So, the title of our blog, Nothing's Equivalent comes from this lyric:

"Inhale deep like the words of my breath,
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death.
I lay puzzled as I backtrack to earlier times
Nothing's equivalent, to the New York state of mind."

The second question and answer: As of August 27th, the most pigeons I've seen on the wire outside my window is: 24.
Although two days ago I saw a record breaking 25!!! As of right now, there are four, how disappointing!!

No comments: