Tea in SoHo

Melanie, Joel and I went for tea in a little tea parlour in SoHo named MarieBelle. The products were slightly out of my price range, but for $6 you can get your (chocolate, if you like) tea served on a silver plater in a cute little silver carafe. The sitting area was dominated by an extravangantly huge chandelier and there was a silent movie being projected onto a wall. It was so cute! I could live my life out in cute places like that.

And you know what one of the best things about living in NYC is? Talking to Canadians who DON'T live in NYC! I was on the phone today with a Royal Bank rep with the intent of changing my address to this current U.S address, and as soon as I mentionned that my new address is in Brooklyn, she immediately oohed and aahed and began asking me questions. I found out she was in Winnipeg and her sister goes to Harvard. The conversation ended with her proclaiming that, to a person who lives in Winnipeg like her, "talking to a New Yorker is like talking to a superstar"! Thanks for making me feel good about myself, anonymous Royal Bank rep :)

No comments: