FM Belfast

One of my good friends at Parsons is a girl from Iceland. She just told me a few weeks ago that she was playing in a festival in Iceland with her band so she had to take a week off from school. I said "What?! You're in a band!" and she replied "yes: FM Belfast". And such was my introduction to the most awesome up-and-coming party band the music world has yet to see. They should not be confused with the Irish warship HMS Belfast.











My friend informed me that she and her band were going to be playing two gigs in the Lower East Side, so Joel and I of course went to show our support. My friend and her bandmates were happy to see us and promptly put our names on their guestlist (score) and gave us their drink tickets (double score!).


Joel and I had no idea that we were about to step into the most happening 40-minute dance party of our lives.


They took the stage: my friend, her boyfriend and their lead singer and launched into their set. The room was about one quarter full when they started and halfway through their set, it was packed with suspciously Scandinavian-looking men and women dancing their asses off. I guess it looked something like this:




Except most people were blond.
It was quite the workout, let me tell you. They write ridiculously catchy tunes.
We were out with those crazy Icelanders until 3 in the morning. Another notable event during the night was that I met an Aussie who used to work with Richard Kingsmill and Robbie Buck at Triple J!!! This was quite an event for me, as I've been listening to Triple J for years now and it's by far the best radio station in the entire world.
Do yourself a favor and watch FM Belfast's video. You'll be singing it all day:




Tonight was our first American Thanksgiving dinner. It was er...good?

No comments: