Time - Life

I've had a couple of meetings/portfolio drop-offs at the Time-Life building at 1271 Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue). It is an extension of Rockefeller Center and opened in 1959. It is a 48 story building with better security than some government buildings in Ottawa.
First, I have to scan my bag through an x-ray type device, like you find at an airport. Then the security guard tags my bag with a bright green sticker and sends me to the receptionist. The receptionist then calls the name of the person I'm there to see, gets confirmation that I have an appointment, and then prints out these little badges for me after seeing my identification. The badges come with fancy little plastic clips so I can clip them on my shirt. Notice that the badges are also color coded for different days.

After getting my clearance badge I can proceed to the security turnstiles. Once there, I show the security guard my driver's license so he can make sure it corresponds to my face and my badge, and then I can finally make may way to the appropriate bay of elevators.
If anyone ever managed to surpass all the security, they would still be stuck outside two sets of secure ID-card-activated doors once they arrived to the floor they were heading.

All this to drop off a portfolio!

No comments: