Broken Umbrellas

Chantal and I were in dire need of groceries on Saturday afternoon so we braved the pouring rain to go to the grocery store.

On the way back I was holding my umbrella and pulling the groceries in the granny cart while Chantal was holding her umbrella and a few bags of groceries. A huge gust of wind started pushing us forward from behind and our umbrellas were straining when suddenly both of our umbrellas lost the battle. Our umbrellas inverted and the metal stretchers snapped at the hinges. I managed to get control of mine and pull it back to its closed position, but Chantal's was a lost cause, and as she puts it, her umbrella "disintegrated."

All that was left was some water-resistant material and some dangly metal pieces. Her once useful umbrella went completely useless in a matter of seconds. Thankfully the rain had died down and we were only a couple blocks from home. Here is photographic evidence of the umbrella. It should be noted that Chantal was going to throw it away right where it happened, but I encouraged her to hold onto it so I could put a picture on the blog. These are the things I do for you, my loyal readers.

1 comment:

Solange said...

Thank you Joel fr your loyal reader. :)