Snow Day

I woke up this morning, shuffled my way to my studio and turned on my computer like I always do, and looked out the window. Unlike every other day this winter it was snowing, and there was a lot of snow on the ground (compared to usual). It was a welcome sight since I had sort of missed it. Sort of, not really. Maybe a little?

Anyway, the last time it snowed here it had snowed at night and I promised myself I'd go take some photos of a snow-covered Brooklyn the next day. When I woke up that day though, all the snow was gone and replaced with a lot of rain.

So after I had some breakfast I put on my winter boots and my winter jacket, grabbed a couple cameras and headed out.
It was really nice and I felt like a superior snow-walker compared to the Brooklynites who are unaccustomed to snow. I took a few photos with my digital camera and some with my SLR (the film kind), so here are some from the digital. A Brooklyn snow day.

A snow-covered bike.

A bronze flower statue on Broadway.

Some houses/apartments on South 3rd Street.

A snowman taking in the view of Manhattan across the East River. (Williamsburg Bridge in the background).

No comments: