Emergency and Evacuation Instructions

I picked up the pamphlet at the library last week about the Emergency and Evacuation Instructions from on-board the subway train.

I figured I should prepare myself and read it through, just in case. The pamphlet says that more than 4.5 million passengers ride the subway every weekday. I'm probably one of only a few of them to actually read this thing.

The rules are pretty simple.

Do Not Pull the Emergency Brake Cord

Stop - Stay calm and don't leave the train on your own. The third rail (6000 volts of electricity!!!) may still be electrified.

Look - In the case of an emergency look for a subway crew member.

Listen - To the often inaudible and static messages that are broadcast over the intercom systems.

These instructions are pretty simple and seem to only apply in the case when the train breaks down or if there's a loss of power or something.

What I really want to know is what to do when the following instances occur!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!
Joel, you are too funny.
I love picture of the guy being kicked in the face.
Hope all is well with you and Chantal.

Amanda